Mai 2nd, 2014 von buergermeister
It is time to open the submission phase for Fedora 21 Supplemental Wallpapers. This time not only for the voting phase but also for the submission phase, we will use our application Nuancier for it. We hope that makes submissions a lot easier. Be aware its the first time we use it so there might pop up some issues.
There are some rules of technical nature:
- Submitted wallpapers must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats include SVG and PNG.
- Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at the highest resolution the camera is capable of.
- Submitted wallpapers should be provided in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio when possible.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
and some of organizational nature:
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes anothers rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- Submission should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Submissions re thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another approved liberal open source license. See a list of approved licenses for Fedora. Note that we can not accept NC or ND submissions.
The deadline until you can submit your artwork is the August 16 2014 at 23:59 UTC. The voting will open automatically after this deadline.
For the badges hunters, yes there will be badges for it. There will be a badge for submissions, it will be awarded after the examination of the picture if it fits the rules, which you can see above. Another one will be awarded if your submission is chosen and also for the voting process there will be one.
For further questions, you can send me a mail and don’t hesitate to ask me for assistance just write me a mail email@example.com.