August 19th, 2012 von buergermeister
Fedora brings in addition to the great design standard wallpaper always supplementary wallpapers. That wallpapers are collected from the community and the best 15 of them are chosen from the Design Team and packaged. Now its time to collect that supplementary wallpapers for Fedora 18 “Spherical Cow“.
There are some restrictions for what can be submitted some are technical nature:
- Must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats include SVG and PNG. Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at the highest resolution the camera is capable of.
- Should be provided in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio when possible.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
some are more organizational nature:
- Must be covered by the Contributor License Agreement. We cannot accept contributions from individuals who have not signed the CLA in the Fedora Account System. The CLA allows us to properly license artwork submissions for distribution with Fedora and other Fedora projects.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- Should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another approved liberal open source license. See a list of approved licenses for Fedora
The deadline until you can submit your artwork is the 5th of September 2012 23:59 UTC. You can submit your material directly to the wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_Artwork/Submissions/Supplemental_Wallpapers. For further questions, you can send me a mail firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to many great submissions…