Juli 7th, 2015 von buergermeister
I will do in November a new event about Free Software graphic tools – FOSSOGRAPHY. This event plans to bring developer and user of this software together. Its thought of a kind of showcase about the newest developments in this areas and what can be done with free software. The projects shall win this way new users as even more contributors.
But it shall be also a place where the various programmers of the different projects can meet and connect to work on stuff where the programs should be working together. But also a place where you can come and tell people about an idea you have that might get software in this area improved.
- Open Source and photographics
- Free Software tools for image manipulation and raw development
- 3D graphics and renderer
- Free Software for vector graphics
- Font design with Open Source
- Free Software tools for 2D & 3D animation
- Video editing and production with Open Source
- Game development and asset creation with Open Source
- UX design in/for and with Open Source
- Desktop publishing and print design with FreeSoftware
- Open Source 3D printing soft- and hardware
- Open Source Color Management
- Aerial photography and video with Open Source
- DIY (open source) dolly systems
- File formats for free graphic software
The idea to this evnet, was born a long time ago as another event who looks wants the same doesnt become what it should be.
After the decision was made to do it was open the place where it should be and there was a lot of thinking if it is a good idea to go first time to Asia. Yeah there are some disadvantages, like working style of Asians or the most Europeans/Americans think flying there would be more expensive as travelling inside Europe or the the amount of FOSS contributors isnt that high on this continent. But at a certain point we as free software movement have to go to Asia to get them involved and not always saying, we dont have contributors there!
But there is something else, we have to carry the costs for the event, where is actually a positive thing doing it in Asia as that gets amazingly cheap as well we want to support speakers and projects with there travel costs. We try to collect most of this money from the community, so if you believe in the goal of the event and/or using this tools, you can help us. We made a pledgie for that purpose and an indiegogo campaign will follow. But watch we want to give you something in return!