November 2nd, 2014 von buergermeister
This November will be a busy month for me, I will fly to Cambodia again and bring some Fedora energy there. Its my second visit to this country and I look forward to it. I will have an talk at Royal University of Phnom Penh. RUPP is using Fedora for teaching there students basic skills for Linux. But as always, its teached more about technical stuff as what Linux or Fedora really is, projects driven by volunteers. RUPP gives me the great opportunity to speak to all there IT students about how they can contribute to Fedora and learn even more by doing so. But I will do some other things more.
- On 14th of November I will join the Fedora Release Party Phnom Penh and help Somvannda Kong and Nisa Ban by giving an talk at this event. Truong Anh Tuan is giving another one. So it looks there will be an interesting program with talks and fun. Yes, Fedora 21 will not be released that day, but Beta will be available at least and we can show the features of the upcoming version.
- On 15th of November I will help in the morning Somvannda in preparing the packaging workshop, which will be done that day remotely by Robert Scheck. So we will help the attendees to install all the necessary software for the workshop so that Robert can start without being enforced to take care of that.
- The rest of November 15th and 16th I will join the FAD APAC, where the activities for the next year will be planned.
- 17th and 18th of November I will deliver a 3 days workshop at Smallworld Cambodia, about doing Graphics with Free Software tools.
- 20th of November I will be back at Development Innovations for delivering an Inkscape workshop to attendees from several NGO’s
- 21st of November I doing an Open Movie Night at the same place, talking about free software and free culture and of course showing some examples what can be done with free software.
- 22nd and 23rd of November I will do another Join Fedora workshop, as I did in February at Open Institute Phnom Penh. I hope that during all my presentations at RUPP, Release Party and so on, get enough people interested to start working for Fedora. In the workshop we will do all the things together that are necessary to become a Fedora contributor.
Besides that activities I will have some meetings with friends and partners to organize some stuff in the future.